Ext JS 5 compatibility?

Discussion about current development, screenshots, getting involved, connecting with other members, etc. Off-topic conversation welcome.

Re: Ext JS 5 compatibility?

Postby brian.moeskau » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:16 pm

I also said "this project has not been my primary focus for some time" and that the goal was "schedule permitting". I apologize for the long delay, not much else I can say about it. It's in the works.
Personal Blog: Extraneous / Twitter: @bmoeskau / Meetup: Austin Bleeding Edge Web
brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dustin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:37 pm

jacob wrote:Almost 6 months ago you said it would be a week or two away. So I wonder what "sooner than later" means.

Well, it doesn't mean within the next 8 months.
Dustin

Postby jacob » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Impulsive, off-the-cuff response: This project is dead. If you want to develop for the future, go with Telerik's Kendo UI. Use iframes in the meantime if you have to mix Sencha and Kendo.
jacob

Postby mjcee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 am

I noticed that this calendar is provided as an example in the Ext JS documentation. It is currently available for both version 5 and version 6.
mjcee
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby brian.moeskau » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:42 am

FYI, the examples bundled with Ext JS might work for people, but they are just examples, not necessarily ready for production. Those are based on a version of the calendar code that was forked in 2009. YMMV.

Work has begun on Ext 5 compatibility here: https://github.com/bmoeskau/Extensible/ ... -5-support

Ext 6 support will follow. Again, I have no good excuse for the long delay, but hopefully it will come better late than never.
Personal Blog: Extraneous / Twitter: @bmoeskau / Meetup: Austin Bleeding Edge Web
brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dustin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 am

:roll:
Dustin

Previous

Return to Open Discussion