[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Extensible Forums • View topic - Sencha Cmd and extensible

Sencha Cmd and extensible

Community support for questions or issues specific to Extensible components

Sencha Cmd and extensible

Postby jhelfert » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:59 am

I am trying to get Sencha Cmd 3.1.2 to work with extjs 4.2.1 and extensible 1.5.2.

First off, the library fails to parse with the cmd tools. You cannot use ternary operators and such inside of the "requires" array definition. There are also issues with CalendarMappings and EventMappings, because these are .js files that are used in requires definitions but are not Ext classes (not 100% sure what proper solution is, I just made them into simple classes).

I have patched these files to get passed parsing, but it seems the library still doesn't compile properly with the cmd tools. As my page loads, Extensible.calendar is not defined, so I get errors like : "cannot read property view of undefined".

I have tried to go back and use extensible-all, but then I must load extjs before extensible, and extensible before my app. But my app is compiled with ext...so I have a catch 22.

Any solutions to this predicament? Right now I think I'm forced to use an old version of the build tools to make it happen.

I can provide source code if there is anything that would be helpful.
jhelfert

Re: Sencha Cmd and extensible

Postby brian.moeskau » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah I'm well aware of this, and it's a sticky issue. The ternary ops in the requires was only added as a very ugly hack due to backwards-incompatibilities introduced by the Sencha guys in 4.1 or 4.2. While my goal all along has been to keep a pretty liberal version support policy (back to 4.0.1 currently) it's quickly getting to the point where I'm only practically going to be able to support the latest minor versions the way Sencha consistently breaks stuff in minor releases. Sencha Cmd has also changed drastically over time, which adds even more complexity.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to go back and address this in a systematic way yet, but I do understand that it's a significant issue. I spent a couple of hours on it after the other thread about this was first raised, and I was not able to solve the Cmd compile issues without breaking other stuff I need as the framework author (e.g. support for <4.1). I'm currently working on pushing out a new release of 1.6, and I'll try to look at the Cmd stuff again ASAP.
brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby brian.moeskau » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Can you show me how you're trying to run Cmd and pull Extensible into your app? Right now I'm trying to figure out the best way just to test this out without having to build a full-blown Extensible-specific Cmd package. I may try to go down that road at some point, but not prepared to do it right now. However I would like to address the basic build issues if possible.
brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby behemott » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 pm

behemott

Postby brian.moeskau » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:01 pm

brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cavallari74 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Extensible.js placed just below ext-dev.js and compiled code, build my returned the following error when adding calendar:
"Can not read property 'data' of undefined"
tks
cavallari74

Postby brian.moeskau » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:45 pm

brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby miroperez » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:26 am

When do you expect that 1.6.0 will be released for production use?

If it's still a couple of months away is there any work around for 1.5.2 (even if I have to change the src then track it until 1.6 is available).

Miro
miroperez

Postby brian.moeskau » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:08 pm

I can't give an exact time frame (though it should be weeks, not months). I believe these were all the commits related to fixing Cmd support:

https://github.com/bmoeskau/Extensible/ ... f77f3a69fd
https://github.com/bmoeskau/Extensible/ ... 19bfd3fe1f
https://github.com/bmoeskau/Extensible/ ... 277303ff20
brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby leclercb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Same error...
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'view' of undefined

The problem is in Extensible.calendar.view.Day:
At line :
this.ddCreateEventText = this.ddCreateEventText || Extensible.calendar.view.AbstractCalendar.prototype.ddCreateEventText;

Is there anyway to fix this ?
leclercb

Next

Return to Help & Discussion