Connecting to database

Community support for questions or issues specific to Extensible components

Connecting to database

Postby oneofakind » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 am

Hey guys,

I am trying to connect my calendar to the database. Trying to Insert, Select , Update and Delete records in in database along side with the calendar. Can anyone please give me an idea on how to do this? I've seen the sample codes, having new to extjs and php, im quite confuse on some lines.

http://ext.ensible.com/deploy/dev/examples/calendar/remote/remote.html

In the examples, are the php folders standard Extensible files? and Can anyone please give me an idea on how to do this?

Please Help.

regards,
Ronel C.
oneofakind

Re: Connecting to database

Postby brian.moeskau » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 am

The supplied remote example currently uses session storage, not DB storage, and is not meant as "the way" to do it. There are many, many ways to implement the back end, and most people use some kind of server framework that includes built-in database support. For PHP there is CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Yii, etc. or you could use a non-PHP platform like Rails, Java, .NET, etc. There is no standard approach to this -- you should pick whatever platform you're most comfortable with. They all support easily creating an Ajax-based API for your Ext front end.
Personal Blog: Extraneous / Twitter: @bmoeskau / Meetup: Austin Bleeding Edge Web
brian.moeskau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby oneofakind » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh okay I understand. But, is it the way to connect extensible to PHP right? because it is using Extensible....EventStore
How do I trigger a or when do my php file run after inserting in the calendar? is it in the Extensible EventStore on th URL config?

Thank you very much for the reply.

So i'll be like EXTjs - PHP?

Thank you. Thank you.
oneofakind

Postby Vishakhapawar » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Helpful thread! Thanks..Keep sharing!
Vishakhapawar

Postby pritisikka » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Great Post.Thank You :)
pritisikka